Room for rent to SMA students, short term rental is fine.
I am a 49 year old American male. I am a photographer and a model. I have lived in Bangkok since January of 2016. I attend Thai language school two days per week, and travel frequently but otherwise am at home often working on editing photography and maintaining my websites.
Ratchathewi Tower is an older 23 story tower on the corner of Phaythai Road and Petchuburi Road. It is only a 2 minute walk to the Ratchathewi BTS. There is a 24 hours Max Value in the building next door. It is also a short walk to the Klong Boat and Airport Rail Link Phayathai Station. There is a running track and picnic tables on the roof, but there is no fitness center or pool.
My unit is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath and is about 85 square meters. There is a common balcony as well as a balcony attached to the master bedroom which is the room I use.
There is a large kitchen, but as typical of Thai kitchens there is only a small 2 burner stove and no oven. There is no hot water in the kitchen which is also typical.
- Washing machine
- Plenty of English channels on ipTV
The room for rent has a liberal amount of storage space, a single bed, bed linens, and a lamp. The room has its own air-conditioner which is very powerful. The rent includes power so use it as much as you want, but turn off when leaving the condo.
There are not too many rules. However, I would like to clarify the following:
- Please let me know if you plan to cook often. I prefer to limit the cooking to minimize smells in the condo. Certainly, no offensive ethnic types of food should be cooked here. There are plenty of good places to eat nearby. There is also a microwave.
- The common areas should be kept free of personal items.
- The rent is based on one person, and does not provide for boyfriend or girlfriend staying overnight. For an occasional guest, there is an inexpensive hostel only 20 meters from the elevator of this building. Note that I have an out-of-country boyfriend and he comes to visit about once every other month for a few days.
- No Smoking! Not even on the balcony.
The rent is 14,000 Thai Baht per month. This includes everything. You can also elect to pay 12,000 per month and half of the utilities which run about 4,000 per month. There is a 5,000 security deposit which will be refunded in cash at the end of the term.
Terms are month to month. 14 day notice is required to receive your deposit back.
The Photos – click to see full size